The Limousin Assurance Program
The Limousin Assurance Program has the following objectives:
- To differentiate Limousin members from commercial breeders who sell unregistered bulls.
- To provide members with a uniform method of providing information, assurance and warranties to potential buyers.
The basic requirements for members to participate in the Limousin Assurance Program are:
- All seedstock animals offered for sale are registered or recorded with the Australian Limousin Breeders' Society and transferred on request by the purchaser.
- Each drop of calves are docility scored using the ALBS docility scoring system and the scores are submitted to ALBS.
- A prescribed docility warranty is provided for all bulls and females.
- A prescribed fertility warranty is provided for all bulls and females.
The Limousin Assurance logo would be presented as follows in advertisements or sale catalogues.